Friday, December 5, 2014

A Story of Determination

 

     Once upon a time there was a snow girl named Pepp, it was short for Peppermint. Pepp had a dream she wanted to go to the Bahamas for her snow school Christmas break . She asked her parents if they could go there and they said "No !"  "You would surely melt as soon as you get there" then they walked away to get some hot cocoa. The next day she went to snow school with her sister Minty, her brother Frost (his real name is Jack and his middle name Frost) and Pepp's friends Snowy, Kandy and Kandace ( Kandy and Kandace are twins). On their way to snow school Pepp asked her friends what the Bahamas are like. They said " We don't know we have never been there and why do you want to know anyway do you wanna go there ?? Well you cant you will surely melt as soon as you get there, nice try though." Pepp was so upset she never thought she would accomplish her dream  but she kept on trying. One day after Christmas break started she went to her Grandmother named Mrs. Snowflake (Mrs. Snowflake was very old she was 99 years old) and talked to her Grandmother. She asked for some advise about the Bahamas and her Grandmother said "Sure I have been there it is beautiful." "How did you get there ? I want to go so bad it is my absolute dream, if I don't accomplish it I will die of despair." (Oh yeah I forgot to tell you Pepp is very dramatic)" Oh girlie you don't even know how you remind me of when I was a child."  Her Grandmother said. " Oh Grandma come on tell me how you got there" Pepp said. " Okay okay I will, let me get my glasses first." She got her glasses on and started to tell the story. Now for you kids this is when you should get a parent to read you the story along with a blanket, a pillow, and a stuffed animal and get all warm cozy with some hot cocoa and listen to what Mrs. Snowflake says to Pepp. "Alright Girlie where should I start? How about the beginning, alright then here we go."

 

      I was about your age Pepp, maybe 8 or 9 years old and I wanted to go to the Caribbean and the Bahamas just like you.  So I asked my parents, which would have been your Great Grand Parents, but anyhoo.... I asked and asked and asked but every time they said No you will surely melt. It got me down but I kept on chugging.  I asked my friends but they said the same thing. Finally I could not take it anymore it was my dream too Pepp. I thought I couldn't do it , I was discouraged too.  Then one day I met a fairy named Auriella (Ah-ree- el-a).  I bumped into her by accident and caused her to drop her things. I helped her pick up her things and said "sorry" and we walked away. She would have flown but her wing got crinkled when I bumped her, oops.  We kept going about our business but then I thought maybe she could help me. So I called her over but only called her "Miss fairy". She yelled out, "I have a name and what do you want? I remember Auriella being a little sassy.   I explained to her that I wanted to go to they Bahamas to see what it is like. To be honest I was a little scared, I thought she would laugh at me because I am a snow person, duh.... But she said "Oh okay  that is not so hard to accomplish I will just give you a sprinkle of pixie dust and  say a few words." Okay I said, so she started with the pixie dust and whispered "abracadabra and zoom zoom zoom  give Snowflake a cloud of snow to make her dreams come true." Then all of a sudden I had a stinking cloud over my head and I could go to the Bahamas right then. So I did and it was amazing to see and I didn't even melt or drip one bit.

 

    "Wow that must have been so cool" said Pepp. So the next day Pepp went to the hall of Fairy's to look up this fairy Auriella that her Grandmother had told her about. She looked and looked but could not find her in the archives. After a long search she found the fairies daughter Aurianna (Ahh-re-anna ).  She found out where Aurianna lived and journeyed there. When they met face to face Pepp asked her about this place called the Bahama's.  Pepp told her about  her dream to go there and how she would die if she could not get there (again she was a little dramatic).  Aurianna and her mother shared the same magic so gently Aurianna sprinkled the pixie dust and said " Make her cold and frozen and make her dreams come true and may she never melt no matter where she goes and may it pass down to her children and the next 300 generations."  Then there was a cloud of snow over her head just like her Grand-ma had said . The next week towards the middle of snow school break she went to the Bahamas with her Grand-ma and they had a great time. They got to go shopping, and they got to play with dolphins,  and got a great tan. The best part is that they spent time together, the best unexpected magic of all.

THE END !!!!



5 comments:

  1. What a cute story !! I love the names you chose for everyone - especially Pepp :) thanks for sending it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really good I love it. Sup. cute. That is the best thing I have read all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, you are a great story teller.

    ReplyDelete